Alferaki Palace is named for its original owner Nikolay Alferaki, a well-known and rich merchant of the time. Built in Frunze Street, Taganrog of Russia, Alferaki Palace was constructed during 1848. Andrei Stackenschneider was the architect assigned to the project. Most remarkable about the Alferaki Palace is its decorative Corinthian columns as well as its stucco molding after the baroque style. The large hall is beautifully decorated with a remarkable ceiling-painting.