The Church of the Intercession at Fili in Moscow, was built between the years 1693 and 1694. It is considered a spectacular example of Baroque style and is located in the western suburbs of Moscow, near the Bolshaya Filyovskaya street . The village of Fili was presented to Prince Lev Naryshkin by his nephew, Peter the Great, in the 17th century. Prince Naryshkin commissioned theMoscow church that was built in the shape of a cross, a Greek cross to be precise, with short rounded annexes. The Church of the Intersession at Fili takes on the form of a tiered cake, complete with a glistening golden onion dome and beautiful white stone ornamentation.